Thursday, September 15, 2016

What in the WORLD???



NOT MY WORK!!!
This makes me sad and then angry!  Very angry!  This is not how to apply individual lashes.  When a new client brought this to me, I thought it was a strip-lash that she purchased from a store.  She showed it to me so I would know what lengths and widths she likes.  After spending ten or so minutes speaking with her I realized that the so called "stip-lash" was supposed to be individual lashes.  The last stylist applied these one by one creating what looks like a strip-lash.  They would stay on the clients lash line for 8 weeks and then she would easily remove them by just pulling them away from her eyelid.  I have a hard time believing it was easy to remove these.  Painful is the word that comes to mind.

As you can see.... many of the clients natural lashes are attached to the lash extensions.  I was not able to do a full set on the client.  Why you ask?  Because she had NO natural lashes.  I am not angry because I didn't make money off her.  I don't look at these situations as a waste of my time.  It is an opportunity to share knowledge and educate people about individual lash extensions.  

I don't do lashes like this.  NEVER EVER!!!  She likes them because they last a long time.  She doesn't need to come in for a fill for 8 weeks.  Soooo it saves her money.  I completely understand wanting to save money.  Unfortunately in this case I told her to continue seeing her.  She wasn't going to see it another way.  She didn't seemed to be bothered by the fact that the lashes were practically attached to her eyelid.  So you can't get through to everyone and that's ok.  

I do a lot of removals like this.  More than I would like to admit.  From lashes that are clumped together, not attached correctly, all one length.  The list goes on.  It gives what I do a bad name.  I understand that I can't change it.  I can't demand that every lash stylist have proper training or certification.  If they love doing it, they should continue doing lashes, continue to practice and get better.  

I WILL NOT make them fuller by adding thick lashes on multiple natural lashes which will damage your natural lashes.  I will not stack lashes on top of each other.  I will not glue them to your eyelid.  NO NO NO!  No spider lashes here!  You know what I am talking about. 

My main objective is to share information,  tell clients to do their research when looking for a lash stylist, and for me to continue to do my best work!  I will give you natural yet noticeable lashes.  I will make them fuller, and longer.  People will complement you lashes and will look and wonder whether or not you have lash extensions?  I am passionate about what I do.  It's my name, my business, and my reputation.  I don't claim to be the best.  I may not be the lash stylist for you.  And that's ok too.  I know a lot of lash stylists that do awesome work and I refer ladies to them all the time when I am not available or because I don't know how to do volume lashes.  (Hopefully soon though)   Sharing is caring!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment